When you're tentative about your motivation to get out the door for a run, it often helps to read (possibly out loud) the following list of benefits you receive after running:
- Your attitude is better after every run.
- Stress is released, often completely dissolved.
- Natural body chemicals called endorphins relax the body, reducing or eliminating muscle aches and pains.
- Your spirit is engaged, leaving you with feelings of accomplishment, confidence and strength.
- Body and mind are connected, giving you the confidence that comes with being a more "complete" person.
- Your right brain is engaged, energizing your creative and imaginative resources.
- You're learning connections to hidden inner resources which kick in whenever you're under stress.
What benefits do you focus on when you need some motivation to get out there?