Many of my clients have improved the pace of their walk through practice.
Here is the procedure:
- Usually done during the middle of a recovery “walk day” between runs or during the warm down walk on a running day.
- Warm up by walking very gently for at least 5 minutes – then do the following Drill.
- For 10-20 seconds, pick up the cadence of the walk by shortening stride.
- Walk gently for 30 seconds.
- Keep alternating segments, finding a cadence or rhythm that is quicker.
- Ease back on the cadence if you lose smoothness.
- First day, do this for ten minutes.
- Increase by 3-4 minutes on each successive session.
- Goal is to have 20-30 minutes total in this workout.
- Do this once or twice a week to maintain adaptations.
Jeff Galloway Resources: www.jeffgalloway.com Visit the E-Shop where you will find “The Run-Walk-Run Method” and other books for your running library.
Join us in Atlanta for the 2016 Jeff Galloway Race Weekend! Did you know that Jeff’s 13.1 has Galloway trained pacers from 1:30 to 4:30? To register or find out more information on the JG 13.1 race, Barb’s 5K, Fit Kids Run and other weekend events go to: https://jeffgalloway131.com New this year: THE DOUBLE G!
Register for the Double G and get a JG-branded puffer vest!*
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to complete the First Annual Double G! The Double G includes everything you love about the Jeff Galloway Race Weekend (the JG 13.1, Barb’s 5K, and the Jeff Galloway Race expo) with an extra 3rd medal for completing both races!
*While supplies last