Mature runners who have time goals can get too focused on running faster almost every run. This often results in injury. One of the first signs is increased stress associated with running, often resulting in motivation problems. At the first sign of these symptoms, reduce mileage and let mind and body get back together again:
- Running is not as enjoyable.
- You don’t look forward to your runs.
- When you say something to others about your running, the statements are often negative.
- The negativity can permeate other areas of your life.
- You look on running as work instead of play.
Jeff Galloway Resources: www.jeffgalloway.com Visit the E-Shop where you will find “Running Until You’re 100” and other books for your running library. You will also find training tips, training groups, running retreats and more.
Join us in Atlanta for the 2017 Jeff Galloway Race Weekend! To register or find out more information on the JG 13.1, The Double G, Barb’s 5K, Fit Kids Run and other weekend events go to: https://jeffgalloway131.com