Walking is a great exercise which produces few injuries, while burning calories and building fitness. Once conditioned to recreational walking, one can burn many calories without realizing it.
Reasons given for running:
Many walkers start running because they need to squeeze their exercise into a smaller block of time. Often this results from running into a neighbor, co-worker, family member, etc. who was wearing a running T-Shirt, or who was running through the neighborhood. The list of benefits from an individual will vary widely. Since I hear from every day from satisfied running “customers,” the following are some of the most common:
- Running burns twice as many calories as walking the same distance.
- Running delivers more relaxation.
- Running controls fat much more effectively.
- Running leaves one with a better attitude to face the rest of the day.
- Running burns the same number of calories in about 30% of the time.
- Running leaves one with a better dose of sustained physical energy.
- Running bestows a greater sense of accomplishment – and empowerment.
- Running gives one a sense of freedom not delivered by other activities.
As you begin to run, you will discover a wide range of positive feelings and experiences from body, mind and spirit. This is your body’s way of overcoming the challenges of fatigue, aches, pains, and mental doubt. As you deal with each of these, you tie into the internal strengths that have been part of the human conditions from the origin of the species. The result of this gearing up is an afterglow.
Jeff Galloway Resources: www.jeffgalloway.com Visit the E-Shop where you will find “”Running: Getting Started” and other books for your running library. You will also find training tips, training groups, running retreats and more.
Join us in Atlanta for the 2017 Jeff Galloway Race Weekend! To register or find out more information on the JG 13.1, The Double G, Barb’s 5K, Fit Kids Run and other weekend events go to: https://jeffgalloway131.com