Mature runners who have time goals can get too focused on running faster almost every run. This often results in injury. One of the first signs is increased stress associated with running, often resulting in motivation problems. At the first sign of these symptoms, reduce mileage and let mind and body get back together again:
- Running is not enjoyable.
- You don’t look forward to your runs.
- When you say something to others about your running, the statements are often negative.
- The negativity can permeate other areas of your life.
- You look on running as work instead of play.
Learn more about hill training in Jeff’s book Running Until You’re 100. You will find the book at: https://shop.phidippides.com/collections/books-dvds