See more in Running and Fat Burning for Women
1. You are in control of the process.
2. You have the power to take responsibility for your eating and your exercise
3. Have patience and don’t give up.
4. Enjoyment of the exercise is the key
5. You are in command of a “calorie budget”, as you add gentle movement to your daily activities.
Part 1. Eating with a purpose. Set up your eating plan to gain control over the calorie balance each day. One great tool is FitDay.com.
Part 2. Create your fat burning furnace. By gradually increasing a long walk or Run Walk Run, or your longer workout of choice each week, you will train thousands of muscle cells to burn more fat – not only while exercising. Once adapted to fat burning, these muscle cells will burn more fat when you are sitting or walking around – even at night when asleep!
Part 3. Take more steps per day. Get a step counter and increase the number of steps taken per day. Extra steps, in segments of 500-2000 do not tend to increase appetite – but they burn fat all day long.
Focus on fat burning, not weight loss. While the scales are an important tool, you cannot be obsessed about daily changes in weight. Water fluctuations will have you up one day, down the next. Your overall fat level can be reduced, even if it is a bit higher on some days.
For more info, see Running and Fat Burning for Women.